Communications/Social Media Intern (Oakland)
Are you interested in shaping the marketing messages of an international nonprofit focused on global sustainability?
Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust tools to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits. We work with local and national governments, investors, and opinion leaders to ensure all people live well, within the means of nature.
Global Footprint Network is seeking a marketing/communications intern to help us this fall with a major media event in London as well as our participation in the climate talks in Paris in December. Other projects we will be working on this fall include a new website in China, a public awareness campaign in Switzerland and a report launch in the Mediterranean region.
Estimated start date: September 2015
Depending on skills and interests, intern projects may include:
- Writing blog posts, Q&As and press releases about our latest research and reports;
- Developing creative, new social media campaigns and writing social media posts;
- Assisting with website updates and redesign, newsletters, and media outreach;
- Writing and editing reports and project summaries;
- Researching potential partners for new reports;
- Assisting with event planning for finance project in London and climate talks in Paris; and
- Design work on infographics and other collateral.
Individuals with the following experience are encouraged to apply:
- Undergraduates at all levels (from freshman to senior) with an interest in the environment and communications;
- Candidates seeking degrees in the environment, natural resources and/or business/marketing;
- Strong writing and communications experience; and
- An interest in sustainability.
Salary And Benefits
Our internship positions are unpaid, however, a small stipend is offered. Hours are flexible but we prefer a minimum commitment of 16 hours per week for 12 weeks. Free healthy lunches are provided most days. School credit may be available depending on the requirements of your institution. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain nonprofit communications experience and be part of an innovative communications team.
Send resume and statement of career goals to email@example.com.
The subject line of your email MUST include the term "Communications Internship Application." No phone calls, please. For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.