Reading and References
Methodology Reading and References
- Glossary: A list of common terms used in Ecological Footprint accounting.
- The Calculation Methodology for the National Footprint Accounts 2011 has been accepted for publication to the Ecological Indicators journal. The paper presents a detailed description of the most up-to-date calculations used to derive the National Footprint Accounts.
- The Ecological Footprint Atlas 2010 presents Ecological Footprint and biocapacity results over 100 countries. The Atlas explains the purpose behind Ecological Footprint Analysis, the research question it addresses, basic concepts and science underlying the Accounts, and the method used for calculating the results.
- Calculation Methodology for the National Footprint Accounts, 2010 Edition presents a detailed description of the calculations used to derive the National Footprint Accounts. It serves as an introduction to Ecological Footprint accounting, with particular reference to the 2010 National Footprint Accounts.
- Guidebook to the 2010 National Footprint Accounts describes the implementation of the Ecological Footprint methodology in the 2008 edition of the National Footprint Accounts. It provides an in depth description of each part of the 2008 NFA workbook, along with detailed descriptions of calculations and data sources.
- Methodology Paper, 2006 Ed: A brief description of the methodology behind the 2006 Edition of the National Footprint Accounts. Definitions of major terms are also included.
- Methodology Paper, 2005 Ed: A scientific paper describing the methodology underlying the 2005 National Footprint Accounts.
- Research Agenda for Improving National Ecological Footprint Accounts: In this 2007 paper, a community of active Ecological Footprint practitioners and users propose key research priorities for improving national Ecological Footprint accounting as better data and new methodologies become available.
- References: A list of articles, studies, and databases used in Global Footprint Network's reports and in the National Footprint Accounts calculations.