External Affairs Intern (Oakland)
Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust tools to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits.
Global Footprint Network is seeking an intern to assist with External Affairs, which consists of a range of fundraising and business development activities. Recent graduates with a degree in environmental policy and/or sciences, communications, public relations, sales, marketing, non-profit management, or related fields are encouraged to apply. Advanced undergraduate students are also encouraged to apply.
Depending on skills and interests, intern projects may include:
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of fundraising letters of inquiry, proposals, grant reports, and thank you letters;
- Helping to plan and organize special events;
- Participating in our mid-year and annual appeal campaigns;
- Helping to maintain donor relationships;
- Assisting with the maintenance and improvement of our grants pipeline, major donor prospect pipeline, and contact management database; and
- Researching and targeting individual and foundation donor prospects.
Salary And Benefits
Our internship positions are unpaid. We prefer full time interns, though a part-time arrangement may be possible. There is a minimum commitment of 16 hours per week for 12 weeks. Hours are flexible. Free healthy lunches are provided most days. School credit may be available depending on the requirements of your institution. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain non-profit experience and be part of an innovative, meaningful, and fun organization.
Send resume and statement of career goals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of email MUST include the term "External Affairs Internship Application." No phone calls, please email.