Fundraising Manager (Oakland)
Global Footprint Network is a growing, international non-profit that promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. The Ecological Footprint has become one of the most widely used sustainability metrics in the world, the only tool that comprehensively measures human demand on the planet against what the planet can supply. It is increasingly used by governments and investors to guide decision making in a resource constrained world.
Global Footprint Network is seeking an experienced Fundraising Manager to join our exciting team and to be responsible for maintaining and growing our fundraising programs. The Fundraising Manager ensures that the day-to-day needs of the External Affairs Department are met and running smoothly. Reporting to the Vice President of External Affairs, the Fundraising Manager will also advise on new funding opportunities, revenue growth potential, and new products and services.
- Manage the foundation, project development, and major donor revenue programs, working closely with staff.
- Write grant proposals to a portfolio of funders, identify and research new funders, and assist staff on proposals to their portfolio of funders.
- Submit grant applications, reports, progress updates, letters of inquiry, etc.
- Initiate contact with prospective funders and donors, arrange cultivation activities, and manage relationships with donors and foundation grant officers.
- Work with senior staff and Board Members to recruit, cultivate, and maintain relations with individual donors and prospective donors.
- Assist Global Footprint Network staff in setting fundraising goals, and manage the pipeline of opportunities.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the fundraising database, and manage the introduction of new fundraising software applications.
- Manage and grow the annual direct mail/e-mail donor appeals.
- Oversee periodic fundraising events, and coordinate small event teams.
The following personal attributes are desired in all Global Footprint Network employees:
- A deep commitment to ecological sustainability
- Ability to communicate Global Footprint Network's mission and impact
- An international mindset and cultural sensitivity, with a diplomatic and respectful demeanor
- A collaborative and solution-oriented approach to solving problems and capitalizing on opportunities
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire colleagues by being an effective team player and leader
- Curiosity, integrity, honesty and a sense of humor
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 5+ years of work experience in fundraising and grant writing, with 2+ years in a managerial role
- 5+ years experience researching, qualifying, and cultivating new foundations, donors, and corporations
- Demonstrated success in securing funding for and scaling up an organization with a budget of $2 million+
- Experience with earned income activities (licensing, consulting, project development, data sales, etc.)
- Good relationships with foundation officers, major donors, corporate officers, and community foundations
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to attract funders and partners by communicating a compelling and inspired sense of purpose with high energy.
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; ability to tenaciously and persuasively negotiate funding agreements
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and organize deadlines for others
- Experience coordinating fundraising activities with small teams
- Experience using databases such as Salesforce and other fundraising applications
- Experience working with Board and volunteers to cultivate new donors
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Foreign Languages a plus
Salary And Benefits
Global Footprint Network offers a competitive salary range. A benefits package is provided, including Health insurance, Dental, 403(b), and other benefits. This is a full-time position located at Global Footprint Network’s offices in Oakland, CA. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in a neighborhood with good transit access. Our communal lunches are light-hearted and often delicious.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary history/ requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line MUST include the term “Fundraising Manager.”
Global Footprint Network is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace. For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, we are unable to respond to each application individually.