Salesforce Coordinator / Ambassador (Oakland)
Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits.
The Salesforce Coordinator is responsible for maintaining Global Footprint Network's Salesforce database tools. This position reports to the External Affairs Director and supports our global teams to address all of their Salesforce needs. There are three core duties of the position:
- Driving team use of Salesforce and insuring that all employees are competent at using Salesforce on a daily basis,
- Day-to-day administration of the database, including data cleaning, customization, and supervision of data entry, and
- Organizational support, including introducing new apps, connecting mobile devices to the database, streamlining organization processes, and implementing innovative new solutions that help us gain new revenues and new external relationships.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
1.) Driving Team Use of Salesforce - 30%
- Provide initial and on-going Salesforce trainings for staff;
- Monitor on-going use and provide customized coaching as needed to employees;
- Work with departments on customized use of the database;
- Simplify inputting processes to speed adoption by the entire team;
- Build employee competency and confidence in the Salesforce tool;
- Build reports and dashboards for program managers, and train all staff on how to access the information they require;
- Maintain and update the Salesforce Handbook, including best practices, business rules, quick tips, and work processes;
2.) Organizational Support - 45%
- Help External Affairs build communities to connect our partners and clients, increase donations, share important communications, and deepen relationships;
- Run custom reports as needed for fundraising and revenue activities;
- Research, test, and lead the adoption of new Salesforce apps, widgets, and add-ons, especially those that increase user adoption, efficiency, and competency;
- Build employee apps for relationship management, contact management, and on-boarding as needed to improve the productivity of our team;
- Link new apps to our back office data to keep our organization agile, cross-functional, informed, and collaborative;
- Work with the IT manager to connect mobile devices to the database;
- Manage third party applications and contractors working on our database;
- Produce lists for mailings, and merge lists into email and word documents;
- Support External Affairs events, including producing lists of invitees and using online tools to track RSVPs;
- Support for appeals and newsletters, including managing lists in Vertical Response;
- Assist with mailings, including printing or preparing materials to send, calculating and affixing postage, stuffing envelopes;
- Perform data entry as needed, and manage one Database Assistant;
- Special projects as assigned.
3.) Database Administration - 25%
- Manage the consistency of data input into Salesforce;
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance including (but not limited to) purging duplicates, mass upload of new entries, correcting data entry errors in existing records;
- Manage Users, including assigning Profiles, Roles, and Permission Sets;
- Customize the database in a scalable way to meet business needs. This includes, but is not limited to creating custom fields, workflow rules, and page layouts;
- Stay up-to-date on Salesforce features and new releases by attending user group sessions, webinars, and conferences;
- Troubleshoot all Salesforce issues;
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 2 years experience working in Salesforce, including tasks such as building reports, training employees, and creating work processes; or equivalent Database Administration experience
- A strong understanding of relational databases and their importance to non-profit fundraising and external affairs
- Experience using Salesforce to streamline business functions and processes
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Mobile app design, development, and implementation
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to communicate with all levels of staff to ensure clear expectations.
- Strong desire to expand his/her knowledge and experience in a system that is constantly evolving
In addition, the following qualities are helpful although not required:
- A passion for new technology and new tech tools
- A passion for teaching and coaching
- Experience with environmental sustainability and global resource issues
- A strong writing and communication background, in both college and prior work experience
- Proficiency in other languages in addition to English
Salary And Benefits
Global Footprint Network offers a competitive salary of $50-60k commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 403(b) and other benefits are provided. This is a full-time position located at Global Footprint Network's offices in Oakland, CA. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in Jack London Square with good transit access to BART, buses, bike lanes, and ferries. Our communal lunches are light-hearted and often delicious.
Application Deadline: January 3, 2014. Early application is encouraged as this is a rolling application process.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com; subject line MUST include the term "Salesforce Coordinator application". No phone calls please. Global Footprint Network is committed to diversity in the workplace. For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.