External Affairs Intern (Oakland)
Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust tools to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits.
Global Footprint Network is seeking an intern to assist with External Affairs, which consists of a range of fundraising and business development activities. Recent graduates with a degree in communications, public relations, writing, sales, marketing, non-profit management, environmental policy and/or sciences, or related fields are encouraged to apply. Advanced undergraduate students are also encouraged to apply.
Depending on skills and interests, intern projects may include:
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of fundraising letters of inquiry, proposals, grant reports, and thank you letters;
- Researching and targeting individual, foundation, and corporate donor prospects;
- Assisting with the maintenance and improvement of our grants pipeline, major donor prospect pipeline, and contact management database;
- Helping to plan and organize special events;
- Participating in our mid-year and annual appeal campaigns; and
- Helping to maintain donor relationships.
Salary And Benefits
Our internship positions are unpaid. There is a minimum commitment of 12 hours per week for 12 weeks. Hours are flexible. Free healthy lunches are provided daily. School credit may be available depending on the requirements of your institution. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain non-profit experience and be part of an innovative, meaningful, and fun organization. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in a neighborhood within walking distance of BART and the Oakland ferry service.
Send resume and statement of career goals to email@example.com. Subject line of email MUST include the term "External Affairs Internship Application." No phone calls, please email.
For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.