External Affairs Intern (Oakland)
Are you interested in learning to raise funds to support an international nonprofit focused on global sustainability?
Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust tools to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits.
Global Footprint Network is seeking an intern to assist with External Affairs, which consists of a range of fundraising and business development activities.
Estimated start date: September 2015
Depending on skills and interests, intern projects may include:
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of fundraising letters of inquiry, proposals, grant reports, and thank you letters;
- Researching and targeting individual, foundation, and corporate donor prospects;
- Assisting with the maintenance and improvement of our grants pipeline, major donor prospect pipeline, and contact management database;
- Helping to plan and organize special events;
- Participating in our mid-year and annual appeal campaigns; and
- Helping to maintain donor relationships.
Individuals with the following experience are encouraged to apply:
- Undergraduates at all levels (from freshman to senior) or recent graduates with an interest in the environment and fundraising;
- Candidates seeking degrees in communications, public relations, writing, sales, marketing, non-profit management, environmental policy and/or sciences, or related fields;
- Writing and communications experience helpful;
- Excel and database experience desired; and
- An interest in sustainability.
Our collegial, open office is located in Oakland near Jack London Square and is accessible to mass transit.
Salary And Benefits
Our internship positions are unpaid, however, a small stipend is offered. Hours are flexible but we prefer a minimum commitment of 16 hours per week for 12 weeks. Free healthy lunches are provided most days. School credit may be available depending on the requirements of your institution. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain nonprofit fundraising experience and be part of an innovative organization.
Send resume and statement of career goals to email@example.com. Subject line of email MUST include the term "External Affairs Internship Application." No phone calls, please email.
For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.