Office Manager (Geneva)
Global Footprint Network is an international non-profit that promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. The Ecological Footprint has become one of the most widely used sustainability metrics in the world, the only tool that comprehensively measures human demand on the planet against what the planet can supply. It is increasingly used by governments and investors to guide decision making in a resource constrained world.
Global Footprint Network is seeking an experienced Office Manager to be based in the Global Footprint Network office located in Geneva, Switzerland. S/he will ensure the smooth functioning of the Global Footprint Network operations in Europe. The candidate will provide coordination and support functions for the Global Footprint Network team in Europe while effectively coordinating with the Brussels and Mediterranean Region offices. S/he will report to the VP of Operations, based in the head office in Oakland, USA.
The main responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Work closely with management and staff to implement administrative management policies
- Provide support, advise and analysis to the Geneva staff and Oakland operations in budgeting, financial management, office and staffing needs
- Oversee legal, safety, fiscal, and other office and staff compliance requirements
- Assist in implementing and improving (where required) routine general administration services
The main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all financial transactions (invoices, invoicing, petty cash accounts and claims) are up-to-date, efficiently followed up, recorded, referenced and filed
- Work closely with VP of Operations (Oakland-based) and Captus (finance contractors based in Geneva) to support financial reporting and auditing processes
- Administer all purchasing and procurement for the office
- Manage filing and storage and maintain inventories of office equipment, materials, and books/publications, etc.
- Implement HR and financial policies and procedures
- Supervise the employee work permit issues and employee benefit plans
General Office Support
- Coordinate and actively assist in the organizing of workshops, events, meetings, etc.
- Process and appropriately respond to all office mail
- Service and coordinate business travel.
- Management and coordination of external visits (student organizations, for example)
- Liaison with the relevant Swiss authorities to ensure that Geneva office is in good standing, as needed with United Nations, FIPOI, and the building administrators.
- Management and implementation of internal and external accreditations for Geneva staff members.
- Assist with the organization of Board meeting when they are organized in Europe and ensure Board decisions cover legal requirements for the organisation’s Swiss Foundation status.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in office administration, including accounting and human resources
- Experience working with an international NGO in Geneva preferred
- Proven ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellence in professional writing and communication skills
- Must be a reliable, detail-oriented self-starter
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, Salesforce and financial software (such as QuickBooks) preferred
- Fluency in English and French highly desirable
- Relevant degrees/diplomas
The following personal attributes are desired in all Global Footprint Network employees:
- A deep commitment to ecological sustainability
- Ability to communicate Global Footprint Network's mission and impact
- An international mindset and cultural sensitivity, with a diplomatic and respectful demeanor
- A collaborative and solution-oriented approach to solving problems and capitalizing on opportunities
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire colleagues by being an effective team player and leader
- Curiosity, integrity, honesty and a sense of humor
Salary And Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefit package is provided. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in the International Environment House which is close to Geneva downtown and enjoys good transit access.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary history/ requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line MUST include the term “Office Manager - Geneva.”
We are committed to diversity in the workplace. For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, we are unable to respond to each application individually.