May 12 – May 14, 2014
Oakland, California, USA
Global Footprint Network researchers are presenting a 2 1/2-day standard technical training workshop in Oakland, California (USA) for people who want an in-depth understanding of Ecological Footprint methodology and applications, and how the Footprint relates to economic competitiveness and human well-being. This workshop is designed for professionals with a natural science, technical and/or quantitative background. This includes managers and analysts in organizations, policy advisers and planners in government agencies and municipalities, consultants, research scientists, academic teachers, and students.
Because this workshop is an advanced technical training in the Ecological Footprint methodology, it is assumed that participants will have a familiarity with the approach and basic scientific and quantitative skills (Global Footprint Network recommends that participants read the following Footprint studies in advance of the workshop: the most recent method paper, the Ecological Wealth of Nations, and the 2013 Philippines Ecological Footprint Report.)
The 2 1/2-day workshop will provide technical detail rather than just an overview of Ecological Footprint use. At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles and science behind Ecological Footprint analysis to colleagues and the general public
- Apply basic equations to calculate the Ecological Footprint of various raw materials and waste products
- Answer common questions about the appropriate use of the Ecological Footprint indicator
- Navigate and interpret the National Footprint Accounts spreadsheet files
- Explain the use of a consumption-land use matrix approach for roughly calculating the Ecological Footprint of cities and regions
- Relate Footprint data to economic performance
- Use the Ecological Footprint Standards to evaluate projects
- Learn how Ecological Footprint has been used in pilot studies
The workshop will be held in Oakland, California, on Monday and Tuesday, May 12 – 13, from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Wednesday, May 14, from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
The registration fee is 1,000 USD per person. Discounts for bigger groups apply, and Global Footprint Network partners are eligible for a 10 percent discount. There is also a limited amount of scholarships available. Participants are responsible for their own travel and lodging.
To register, please email email@example.com, and write “Training Workshop” in the subject line.Gulf Education Conference & Exhibition
March 31-April 1, 2014
The annual Gulf Education Conference is a dynamic two-day exhibition that explores global academic and business partnerships in education with the Gulf and MENA regions. From engaging keynote addresses and networking forums to the highly acclaimed Gala Dinner and Education Award Ceremony, Gulf Education provides a dynamic hub for international services providers to meet, discuss, inspire and forge partnerships.
Click here for more information.