Free Public Data Set
Global Footprint Network’s National Footprint Accounts 2018 Public Data Package is provided for download at no charge to academics, educators, NGOs, the media, and private and public analysts, as long as they register and clearly indicate and acknowledge the source in every public use of the data. Our data also can be downloaded in other forms through our Ecological Footprint Explorer open data platform, at data.footprintnetwork.org, and advanced data users can download our data at data.world/footprint.
The Public Data Package contains the following:
- 2014 Ecological Footprint and biocapacity results for all countries included in National Footprint Accounts 2018 Edition.
- Graphics of time-trend (1961-2014) Ecological Footprint and biocapacity results for each country
- Global Footprint and biocapacity time series results and graphs (global overshoot, Human Development Index-Footprint graph, and ecological deficit/reserve map)
- List of data quality scores for each country
- Scientific and Editorial Review Policy
The data download will require you to agree with basic usage terms, as indicated in the click-through process.
For more extensive data requests or any questions about the license terms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Should you have any questions about this license, or if you would like to use more complete data sets, please contact us.
Please complete the following form. All fields on this form with an asterisk (*) must be completed before it can be submitted.
We understand it can be frustrating when the data download doesn’t work correctly. We’re offering these tips to help you troubleshoot the process.
Did you receive the “email confirmation link has expired” error message?
- The link in the email is no longer active after you click and download the file once.
- Search your computer for a zipped file named “NFA 2018 Public Data Package” as it may have auto saved in a downloads or temporary file folder or other unexpected location.
- Submit a new request form in order to receive a new link to download the data.